Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Holy Cow... I’m a “Mommy to Be!”

A couple of weeks ago I left my house on a Friday night to head over to my sister, Alisa’s place. I was attending, what I thought was our usual girl’s night. A group of us get together, about once a month for a much needed gab session and a glass or two of vino. It’s a time to let our hair down and just be girls. Much to my surprise, when I pulled around the corner of her street, the place was packed. It wasn’t until I walked in the front door to a full house that I realized that this little shin dig was for me! My sister had surprised me with a “Mommy to Be” party.

For those of you who don’t know, I am usually the one to pull these kinds of surprises off. No one and I mean NO ONE ever pulls one over on me. But without a doubt- they got me! At first I was a little taken back and then became completely overwhelmed by the love that filled that house. I have never felt so touched in my life. Maybe it was the pregnancy hormones but I immediately teared up and had to take a deep breath and pull myself together. All the love was just amazing. Many of my dearest friends were there, as well as my Mom, Aunt Sherri, and mother-in-law Donna.

The evening was filled with laughter (dare I say sparkly bloomers and high heels Heather Frye?!), story telling (I could listen to these girls all night), and a lot of good couponing tips (thanks Randa and Lisa). I also received several gift cards to Baby’s-R-Us which are sure to come in handy (thank you ladies), several pairs of maternity jeans (I think those are Heaven sent, thanks Monica), a bedtime nursery book (from none other than the teachers, Lynn and Julia), and a “You’re Not Allowed to get Sick” basket (courtesy of Ms. Kelly Jeck. The basket has been quite a hit with its herbal tea, preggie pop drops to help curve morning sickness, and diapers to get the collection started).

It was in that moment that I realized how incredibly blessed I am to have such amazing women in my life. Women who lead day by day by example, women who I aspire to be like. I just wanted to take a moment to thank each and every one of you for simply being you. Furthermore, thank you Alisa for being the best big sister a girl could have hoped for. I love you so much!

I can’t wait to introduce this little baby to each and every one of you!

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." - Anais Nin




No comments:

Post a Comment