Tuesday, July 27, 2010

... The Nine Months of Pregnancy, Brought to you by my Mom (Soon to be Mimi)!

We’ve all heard of the 12 days of Christmas right? Well my Mom decided that we were going to have the Nine Months of Pregnancy! She plans on visiting me every month of the 14th since February 14th is my due date. Each month she is going to have a little something for me or the baby. We also are going to take a picture to document my growing belly (oh what fun that will be- hopefully you are sensing my sarcasm).

I have to do a little catch up, as two visits have already passed but in the future, I plan on posting on the 14th after my Mom has stopped by for her visit. I can’t help but imagine Santa Claus with his big red bag of toys. Well, we'll think of my Mom as a stork with her sack of goodies!

June 14, 2010


A little something for Momma while I am waiting. I have been reading, "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and so far have learned quite a bit (some of which is quite scary but I am working through that!). Also, the box contained tummy oil (for stretch marks- EEEEEK!), chap stick, and foot soak. I haven't used any of that yet but from what I hear, all three are sure to come in hand a few months down the road!

July 14, 2010



This month Mom stopped by and had this adorable gift in hand- a picture frame for our first ultrasound picture. It came with interchangeable sayings so as we get a more recent ultrasound picture, we can update it also. We found the perfect place for the frame in the bookshelf in our living room. It's a daily reminder of this little tiny miracle growing inside of me. Speaking of little miracle, this week the baby is the size of a fig, measuring about one and half inches long. Pretty crazy huh?!

I truly believe that I am one of the luckiest women alive to have a Mother like mine. I have always looked up to her but now that I am going to be a mother myself, I see her in an all new light. I hope that I will be just as nurturing, caring, and open minded with my child as my Mom was, and continues to be, with me.

I love you Mom! Thank you for always being so wonderful. It's a blessing how now you are not only my Mom, but one of my best friends. I love you!

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Your mom, better known as Mimi now :)...is so creative! Totally shows the teacher in her as well!

    But you forgot one thing...to share those first belly shots :) LOL...although there is nothing to show for right now, before long you'll have the cutest lil' baby bump! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi stumbled on your blog from http://tuckermichael.blogspot.com/ and just love your blog so far! your mom is very talented, i love her poems! good luck with your pregnancy and keep blogging! i love reading blogs and especially the journey you are on to your new baby!!! congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Christina! I'll have to check yours out too :)

    ReplyDelete