Tuesday, July 6, 2010

... Our First Ultrasound





We had a doctor's appointment this morning and to put it simply, it was amazing! We got our first peak at Baby Halquist and he/she looks perfect. On top of the glimpse into the womb, we got to see AND hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. I just about died right then and there. It was such an amazing experience and I was so happy to have Rich right there by my side.

I also had a one hour glucose test because I am hypoglycemic. Not shocking, I failed miserably. This means the next step is a three hour glucose test and I hope and pray that all goes well with that one.

Other than that little bump, all is perfect. Baby is measuring about an inch long and you can see the head, bottom, and little protruding buds where his/her arms and legs are forming. I am just astonished that something an inch in size already has a fully functioning, beautiful, miraculous, little fluttering heart.

Gosh... I simply melt just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment