Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I Can Feel It Coming...

Yesterday was a lovely day here in Central Florida. The sun was shining brightly, not a drop of rain fell, and adding to those elements, there was a gentle breeze in the air. I know that I sound crazy to some of you but I can feel fall in the air. As I’ve mentioned before, I am a true Florida girl so honestly, any temperature below 80 degrees seems to me that we’re heading in the right direction.

I spent the evening on our back porch with a good Norah Roberts book and an ice cold beverage (usually this would be a glass of Riesling but considering my current state, I opted for an O’Douls). This is certainly the ideal way to end any day for me. I mean really, check out this view... we are beyond blessed.


Sitting there relaxing with the breeze off the lake got me really excited about what’s in store for us the next few months. Let me explain, the slight change in weather means that fall is on its way- I can feel it coming! Officially it will be upon us September 22nd. Fall brings with it all sorts of things I adore. So, let’s get excited together!

With some help from Rich, here is our list of the top 10 things (in no particular order) that we are most looking forward to:

1. Good television! We can hardly wait to watch our shows again; Grey’s, Bones, Private Practice, Criminal Minds, Desperate Housewives... Oh My!

2. Fall décor which at our home includes hay bales, scarecrows, corn stalks, and mums galore!

3. Harvest scented Yankee Candle! This will be burning in our house October 1st, I can guarantee it!

4. Gator Football starts this Saturday! Can we get an Orange... Blue... Orange... Blue?!

5. Sleeping with the windows open. Ahh... the sounds of nature lulling us to sleep!

6. Spiced Pumpkin Lattés from Starbucks. Please tell me these come in decaf?

7. Being able to actually utilize the sunroof in my new car! Seriously, who uses those in the Summer time anyways?

8. Homemade banana bread on a sleep in Saturday morning. No description needed!

9. Using the outdoor fireplace in comfy oversized sweatshirts. We may have to wait a couple more months for this but I am telling you, it’s on its way!

10. And last but certainly not least... as of this minute there are 115 days, 12 hours, and 51 minutes until Christmas! Anyone who knows Rich and I know how much we love Christmas and all that it entails. Bring it on!

I hope that this put a smile on your face! After all, we made it through a scorching Florida Summer. The least we deserve is a good day dream session. Make it a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Im sure gonna miss driving by your house & seeing those hay bales, scarecrows, corn stalks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog! And geez did this one make me crave fall! SO looking forward to all of those things (and if I'm being honest, the holiday's make me wish I was pregnant again!- such a fun time!! In a few years I'll be there again ;-) ) Soak it up, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one amazing Top 10 list, Meagan. Makes me want to move in with you guys and soak up the autumn atmosphere! :) Enjoy it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can agree with every single one of your top 10's! I can't wait as well!!!! Added to that list is the pumpkin patch with the kids....you will love doing this once the baby is here next year!

    ReplyDelete