Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Way Back When-esday- Kindergarten Flash Back Edition...

It’s that time of year when everyone’s a buzz with back to school chatter. There are school clothes, lunch boxes, backpacks galore- crayons, glue sticks, pencils and more! It brings so much joy to my heart to hear and see all of the students and teachers alike, excited about getting back to the swing of things.

For this edition of "Way Back When-esday," we’re taking a look back to when Rich and I first started school. I am sure that we were just as nervous then as the kiddos are now. I’m also quite certain that our Moms shed a tear dropping us off that first day of school. After all, who wouldn’t miss these adorable faces?!

Rich’s Kindergarten Picture- Highlands Elementary, 1989
Rich felt the need to add a disclaimer that he was completely in love with his Kindergarten teacher. If you're out there Mrs. Noark, you must know that to Richey, you're the one that got away!


My Kindergarten Picture- Highlands Elementary, 1990
I was in Mrs. Fifer's class. She was an amazing teacher and we've kept in touch over the years. She even came to my high school graduation party with pictures in hand. She is definitely remembered as one of my all time favorites.


On another note, today is Rich’s Dad’s Happy Birthday...

Happy Birthday Papi! Celebrating your “Double Nickels” and you don’t feel a day over 20. We hope that you have a fabulous day! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I would have never in a million years pegged that as Rich! He looks so different from now...and you on the other hand look like that same sweet little girl :) Your kids are going to be truly gorgeous though with those bright eyes and blonde hair! Love this edition of Way Back When-esday!

    ReplyDelete