Thursday, September 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Big Bass Daddy!

Today is my Dad’s 56th birthday so I wanted to take a moment to wish him a very special day! He truly was, and continues to be, a wonderful Dad. The kind of Dad who coached our little league teams, never missed a Friday night football game (after all, he was a part of the “Chain Gang”), and was always in the audience at all of my chorus concerts. His singing of the bass line in an old hymn or country song always puts a smile on my face.

As I have grown up our relationship has changed but all for the better. I have grown to respect all of the sacrifices that he and my Mom made in order to provide for my siblings and I. I am truly one of the luckiest girls around to have been born to such loving parents.

Below is a picture of my Dad and me on Rich and my wedding day. For our father-daughter dance we twirled to Tim McGraw’s, “My Little Girl.” I had a hard time holding it together and it certainly goes down as one of my all time favorite memories.


Happy Birthday Dad! I love you tons, more than I can put into words really.

I can’t wait to celebrate with you this Saturday night at your festive birthday dinner and trust me, if we won the lottery last night, we will so have a bass boat in tow!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post about your dad! I think one of my favorite moments with my dad was the day I was married as well! Happy Birthday to your dad!

    ReplyDelete