Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hello Nap-time! It's me, Meagan...

These days I can't get enough sleep. I could sleep 10 straight hours (not that I ever actually get that much sleep but I am trying to make a point here), wake up, and literally need a nap just a few short hours later. Who would have thought that something the size of a turnip could take so much out of you? Adding insult to injury, I can't curb this desire with large quantities of Starbucks. I mean really, so not fair!

While most people look forward to the weekend because of all the fun they can pack into those two days, I long for the weekend because I get a nap two days in a row! Crazy right? I am young, healthy, 25 year old woman who longs for her bed come 2:00pm. It's sad. True and oh so sad (in a funny way of course).

Last week my sweet husband bought me this wonderful invention...


This is the Boppy Total Body Pillow and it is amazing! To those of you who are expectant mothers (or not, who am I to judge?!) you must consider this addition to your bedroom. It makes being told you have to sleep on your side all the time much more tolerable and this is coming from someone who prefers to sleep on her stomach. Mine was purchased at Babies 'R Us with a 20% off coupon and is worth every penny spent. Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed!

***Disclaimer***
I feel the need to add a disclaimer that this may cause some jealousy and resentment on behalf of your husband. Rich pouts a bit every time I talk about how wonderful this contraption is. Furthermore, when I reach for it come bedtime his lower lip sticks out a little more.

I say enjoy it anyways! You deserve it :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Meagan, I don't know if you remember me but we graduated from Osceola High together in 2002. I had just relocated from the Virgin Islands and it was my first and last year at Osceola. Anyway, I wanted to ask if you've seen the movie "The Backup Plan" w/ Jennifer Lopez. She's pregnant and she and her beau go through the same thing with the body pillow that you described! I won't tell you what happens with the pillow but you should definitely watch it!!! I'm sure you and your husband will find the shennanigans even more hilarious because you're going through it right now!!!
    Lots of Love
    Sulayne Bonelli Barrett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sulayne! Of course I remember you- hope this finds you and your family well. I haven't seen that movie yet but you've totally peeked my interest! Hopefully it's out on DVD so I can rent and watch it... that is of course if I can stay awake through it- lol. Have a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pillow looks amazing!! I sure wish they had that when I was pregnant--I can remember the battle of sleeping on my side-and remembering to stay on my side, then trying to remember in the middle of my sleep which side I was supposed to stay on...You've gotta love pregnancy!
    Enjoy every minute of those naps--you need them!

    ReplyDelete