Friday, September 24, 2010

It's Date Night...

It's date night at the Halquist house and I am so looking forward to it! Eh, perhaps, maybe I shall begin by calling it date late afternoon instead because that's what is really going on. Either way, I'm excited.


We're starting by catching the matinée of the "Wall Street" sequel, "Wall Street- Money Never Sleeps." If you know Rich at all, you know that "Wall Street" is one of his all time favorite movies. We've watched the trailer for months, more times than I can count, and have counted down the days until it's release. He is so excited which makes me so excited. I am sure that it will be a great flick, although Rich is a little upset that Bud Fox (played by Charlie Sheen) doesn't appear to be in the sequel. All the same to me!

Moving along, we're getting Outback curb-side to go on the way home. Well hello Bushman Shrooms with Bloom Sauce accompanied by Alice Springs Chicken with Green Beans instead of Fries (yes, that is my order, every time)! I'm sure Rich will get something like Macaroni and Cheese or Walahala Pasta. Yum-O! We contemplated dining in but that would inhibit the next phase of date night.

Wraping up the evening we'll be watching the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice, both of which we recorded last night. We do love our shows and with how they left us hanging last season, we're on pins and needles to see how things turn out!

While we're not getting all dressed up fancy schmancy, hitting the town, and going to a five star restaurant, this is our idea of a perfect date night. We'll get to turn the AC down, grab a comfy blanket, and cuddle on the couch with our dog Gizmo.

Our kind of night.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great night out! Enjoy! And give me a review on Money Never Sleeps; I am curious but a bit afraid it won't live up to the original. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 nights like these! Altough you might want to enjoy a few more nights on the town before Mr. C changes them for good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! When we were living in my parents house after the girls were born we took advantage of the Outback curbside quite a bit as well...haven't done it with the one in St. Cloud yet but should...I love me some Alice Springs as well!

    Enjoy your date night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meagan, that sounds like a DREAM datenight! (or late afternoon.... ;) )

    ReplyDelete