Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Shannon's Last Fling Before the Ring...

As I mentioned before, wedding season is upon us here in the Halquist house. My weekends are filled with planning, supporting the brides during their slight mental breakdowns, bridal showers, and bachelorette parties galore.


This past weekend was my friend Shannon's bachelorette party. I opted out of joining for the crazy part of the evening, though I hear a great time was had by all. I think there comes a point in every pregnant woman's life when she needs to bow out gracefully from da club! You're laughing because you know it's true. There always seems to be that one overly pregnant woman that just can't say no to the club portion of the bachelorette party. I didn't want to be that girl.

I did however join for the dinner portion of the festivities. Honestly, I don't turn down an opportunity for french fries these days and Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville has some yummy ones! Not to mention, I had some of the best nachos I have ever ate in my life. I will be taking a trip back there ASAP to fill my stomach again.

The bride drank her drinks and shots like a champ and wore her crown and sash proudly.


Needless to say, it was a great night out with the girls. I'm looking forward to her wedding this Saturday when she will officially become Mrs. Jared Schmidt!

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! I know what you mean about the pregnant girl in "da club"..I always wonder if they are really enjoying themselves. If so, HOW?!

    ReplyDelete