Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Way Back When-esday- FL/TN Edition...

For those of you living under a rock, college football starts this Saturday! This means College Game Day on ESPN, football parties with pizza, wings, friends, and an endless debate as to whose team is the best. I mean really, is there much of an argument? Go Gators!

...The boys in the tunnel before running out onto the field...

For today’s addition of, “Way Back When-esday,” we’re looking back on the Florida .vs. Tennessee game during the 2007 season. If you’ve been to a game during September in “The Swamp,” you know that it is hot. Hot really is an understatement, it is miserably hot. It is sweat in every crevice imaginable hot. But in the end, there’s nothing that a little Gatorade and Tylenol on the ride home can’t fix.

...The band taking the field right before the game...

The Gators won of course which was a little tough for Rich. You see, he was originally a Vols fan. Personally, I think that he just likes singing “Rocky Top.” I simply wonder if their band knows how to play anything else- how annoying!


All in all, it was a fantastic day. Rich scored awesome seats on Stub Hub and we were sitting by Will Hill during his recruitment trip. He’s now their starting free safety which is pretty cool to look back on. Hind site, we should have asked for a picture but I didn’t want to be “those people.”


With a new quarterback taking the reigns, it’s sure to be a growing year. Who knows what this season holds in store but no matter what, it’s sure to be a good time!

...Speaking of quarterbacks- did anyone watch the Steelers/Broncos game on Sunday? I was floored by how much bigger Tebow is. Look at him here. Seriously, he must be hitting the gym hardcore...

One more time... can I get a Go Gators!!

Join Cheryl and the the rest of us looking back at: http://twinfatuation.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. Yay football! I personally only like football when it's cold and not sweltering. And I did catch the highlights of that Bronco game. I totally agree about Tebow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay ..... You KNOW I have to say it .... GO NOLES! Trust me - this is harder on me than any of you Gator fans - but rooting for the college your son is going to (and cheering for) is a must. My house is definitely ..... "A Divided House" - but you will soon see a Noles flag flying in my front yard! Sorry, fam!

    P.S. Don't even think about it - and you ALL know what I'm talking about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post got me SOOO EXCITED!!! Its those colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I don't know Aunt Sherri! You know our family has a way with things going missing... maybe even replaced :)

    Yay Kelly! Go Gators :)

    ReplyDelete