Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Way Back When-esday- C&B Bridal Shower Edition...

Wedding season is upon us! As a matter of fact, my next two weekends consist of bridal showers. This weekend is my friend Shannon’s shower who is marrying her long time beau Jared. The following weekend is my friend Kelly’s shower. I am one of the bridesmaids in her wedding so I am actually one of the hostess’ of that shower. She is marrying her long time love Keith (better known as Frances in my household). It’s so neat to be a part of each of these weddings. Both couples have been together for years and years (literally) and are finally tying the knot! Rich and I are so happy for the both of them and are looking forward to welcoming them into the newlywed club!

All this shower talk has me reminiscing back to before Rich and I got married. For today’s edition of “Way Back When-esday,” we’re taking a look at one of my bridal showers that was hosted by my Mother-in-law Donna, Sister-in-law Ashley, Aunt Sherri, and Aunt Jan. The theme was centered around the registry we created at Crate and Barrel and let me tell you, nothing excites me quite like those black and white boxes! During the weeks leading up to the shower, every day when I arrived home, there was another delivered package on our doorstep and you guessed it, the box was black and white!


Here I am with two of the hostess’, Donna and Ashley and little baby Noah (he is now two years old! Where has the time gone?) Somehow, I didn’t get a picture with my Aunt Jan and Aunt Sherri that day. How in the world did that happen with all the cameras there? You ladies are sneaky!


There were several guests from different phases of my life but here I am with a few of them. Below are Casey, Sam, me, Kerri, Alicia, and Alisa. This takes me back to the old cheerleading days!


This is my Mom and me. I love her more than you can imagine, enough said!


And last but certainly not least, here is the adorable cake that was made to replicate one of those infamous black and white boxes! It was from Sprinkles, the world’s greatest bakery. As mentioned yesterday, I don’t have much of a sweet tooth but you will never find me leaving behind a piece of cake from Sprinkles. So delish!


All in all, it was a wonderful shower hosted by spectacular women. Thank you so much for going through all the trouble for little old me! I love you ladies!

Play along with Cheryl at: http://twinfatuation.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Meagan, that looks like SUCH a fun celebration!

    Like you, we were HUGE Crate & Barrel fans when we wed...that cake is priceless!!!

    Thank you so much for playing along with Way Back When-esday so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan let me first say you looked absolutely stunning! I think the Crate & Barrel theme was so cute! My husband Jon and I didn't have a formal wedding ceremony so we missed out on the showers :( . We are planning to do a ceremony on our 5 year anniversary. You think its inappropriate to have a shower then? haha I spotted Casey! Old friends and beautiful faces!
    Lots of Love
    Sulayne Bonelli Barrett

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say go for it Sulayne! Have your shower or even better a little reception/party after your 5 year ceremony! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete