Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Way Back When-esday- Cheers to you, Mimi...

Today's "Way Back When-esday" is paying tribute to a very special woman indeed... my Great-Grandmother Mimi. Today would have been her 99th Birthday! That's right folks, she was born in 1911! A fascinating statement in and of itself.

Though she was taken from us last November, she remains a vivid memory. I still catch myself saying or doing things on a daily basis that remind me of her. She genuinely was one of the classiest women I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

These pictures are from her 97th birthday celebration. We spent the day at the lake and of course, Mimi had her infamous dirty martini with two olives. The sight of her sipping a martini at 97 brings a grin to my face.


The family had a great time, though we missed those who couldn't make it. The boys spent the afternoon wake boarding, the men watching the football game, and the girls chatting over a glass of wine. A great time was had by all!


Much love Mimi! I'll be toasting a "water-tini" in your honor today!

Play along with Cheryl at Twinfatuation!

2 comments:

  1. What a great post Meagan...a special woman indeed! I'm sure she's smiling down at you right now over it and the fact that you are baking her little great-great-grandbaby in there!

    I remember you telling us of her dirty martinis at Girls Night! I love getting to see it in action in the photo above!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heavens. I LOVE Mimi! What a wonderful woman to have had in your family....and since I'm NOT baking a baby, think I may lift a glass in her memory tonight.... ;)

    Thank you so much for linking up with Way Back When-esday!

    ReplyDelete