Friday, September 3, 2010

Workin’ for the Weekend...


I don’t know anyone who doesn’t absolutely love the weekends and luckily for us, we have a three day weekend upon us! That’s right folks- it’s Labor Day Weekend! A holiday created to tip the hat to the hard working American. Most people use this weekend as the last hoorah of summer vacation. Rich and I however, have a list a mile long of things we want to accomplish around the house. This Labor Day is going to be, by definition, laborious.

Our two main focuses will be the yard and the nursery. The nursery furniture is going to be delivered next week so we are feeling the pressure to get the room to a semi-ready state. Now don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining one bit. Our hit list includes many things that have been bugging me for quite sometime so I know that come the end of the weekend, we will feel a great sense of accomplishment.

On the other hand, we also know that all work and no play makes for a very dull person indeed. We have some fun things planed such as a “Friends” marathon tonight with his parents, the official season opener for the Gators tomorrow at noon, my Dad’s birthday dinner tomorrow night, and I'm getting together with my dear friend Randi and her precious little girl Elle on Sunday. All of which, we are so looking forward to.

We hope that you and your family have a safe and memorable Labor Day Weekend! Soak it up because we won't have another break until Columbus Day on October 11th... not that I am counting or anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment