Monday, October 18, 2010

23 Weeks...

I need a weekend to recover from my weekend. Can some please make that happen? I said please! Oh, and thank you.

Again this weekend, I lost sight of the fact that I am now 23 weeks pregnant. It was my friend Kelly's Bachelorette Party and I was one of the hostesses. Adding to that, it was hosted at my house- talk about added pressure. Check back tomorrow for details but in the end, it was a true success. Everyone had a great time and the bride was beaming!

However, I am now left exhausted, needing a weekend to recover from my weekend. I think that the baby is tired too because he was very still yesterday. I think that I stressed him out with all of the busyness and he needed to catch up on some extra Zzz's.

Onto the BabyCenter.com update:
"Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that he's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see him squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when she hears them outside the womb."


This past week Cooper was moving quite a bit. He's now big enough that if Rich caught him at the right time, he could feel him move. However, Cooper stops moving when I start talking so when I excitedly tell Rich to give me his hand so that I can put it on my stomach, Cooper makes a complete fool of me by sitting as still as possible.

I have however learned a small trick. When my stomach starts to jump, I wave my hands like a crazy person, grabbing Rich's attention without speaking. Therefore, Rich has seen Cooper move but not felt him. That's a goal of mine this week, to let Rich feel him kick. It's such an amazing experience and I want to share it with him.

I hope that you all have a fantastic week! Is it Friday yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment