Friday, October 22, 2010

Flavorsome Friday- Blueberry Muffins...

As I mentioned earlier this week, this past weekend was Kelly's Bachelorette party. What I didn't mention was that I had a house full of women spend the night. I woke up on Sunday morning, tired after only 4 hours of sleep, to make them all a celebratory brunch. The food was delicious if I do say so myself.

We grubbed on hashbrown casserole (by far the biggest hit), egg casserole, bacon, fruit salad, mimosas, coffee, and these yummy Blueberry Muffins.

My one regret is that I made them on Saturday afternoon instead of fresh on Sunday morning. These muffins are WAY better when you eat them straight out of the oven (trust me, I ate on on Saturday afternoon). So, I leave you with this advice, when making these for yourself, do so when you plan on eating them right away.

Blueberry Muffins...

What you'll need:
1/2 cup super fine sugar
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 lightly beaten eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups blueberries (fresh or thawed frozen)

1. Prep your blueberries by washing and drying thoroughly.


2. Zest the lemon, you'll need 1 tablespoon (about one lemon).


3. In a large bowl, stir the sugar, lemon zest, flour, and baking powder together with a fork.


4. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.


5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be sure not to over mix the batter at this point. Doing so will make for very tough and chewy muffins.


6. Carefully add in your blueberries and fold until just combined.


7. Fill a lined muffin tin with the batter 3/4 full.


8. Top with coarse grain sugar for a slightly crunchy topping.


9. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and serve immediately.



Happy Friday all! This is the first weekend in a great while that I don't have an official event planned. I hope that you have an enjoyable and relaxing weekend. I know that's my goal!

1 comment:

  1. Whatever! Those muffins are amazing! I've been eating them all week for breakfast! SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete