Friday, October 29, 2010

Flavorsome Friday- Pumpkin Cookies...

As I mentioned earlier this week, I made some delicious cookies this past Saturday when my family came over for poker night. I am not a crunchy cookie person so these were right up my alley. After baking, they are almost cake-like and stay moist and scrumptious for several days. I hope that you'll try these Pumpkin Cookies for yourself!

What you'll need...

For the cookies:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1 cup Pure Pumpkin
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the Glaze:
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt into a medium bowl.


2. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended.


3. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth.


4. Gradually add the flour to the pumpkin mixture until combined.


5. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm.


6. Remove from cookie sheet and allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack.


7. To prepare the glaze, in a small bowl, combine sifted powdered sugar, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract until smooth.


8. Drizzle liberally over the cooled cookies. (I spy Cooper!)

Yummy is an understatement. Seriously, look at these!

I suggest eating these with a cup of coffee. I really think that the spices of cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg would pair well with with a good cup 'a joe!

Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekend (and cookies)! I know that I will!

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to use just the right amount of Nutmeg ;)

    ReplyDelete