I'm going to be trying out something new with this little blog of mine. Sometime throughout the week I am going to cook or bake something that we in the Halquist House love to eat! Come Friday, I will be sharing the recipe with you guys in an edition of "Flavorsome Fridays"! Who knows, maybe you'll get adventurous and give the recipes a shot yourself.
This week, we are chowing down on some Banana Bread...
What you will need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 beaten eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (I generally use 4-5 browning bananas)
1 cup sugar
1 stick of melted butter
1. Sift together the dry ingredients- flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt.
2. In a seperate bowl, combine your wet ingredients- beaten eggs, mashed bananas, sugar, and melted butter.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
4. Stir until just combined.
5. Be sure to not over mix the batter. The batter should appear lumpy because of the bananas.
6. Divide the batter into 3 mini loaf pans (or 2 large if you prefer). Top with a coarse grain sugar for a slightly crunchy topping.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf when it is done baking. The toothpick should come out clean if your bread is done.
8. Allow the loaves to cool on a cooling rack. This will make removing them from their pans much easier.
9. Slice and enjoy!
Happy Friday Yall! Hope that you have a wonderful weekend!