Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pizza and Poker, Family Style...

This past Saturday Rich and I had a lot of my family over for pizza and poker. It's been a while since we've all gotten together. Life has become quite hectic and our schedules just haven't seemed to mesh but all that changed Saturday night.

We had a blast attempting our hand at poker and grubbing out on some delicious pizza, wings, and appetizers. I also made some yummy cookies (check back this Friday for details) that were scarfed up.


Spending time with family always leaves me with a immense sense of gratitude. They make me laugh so hard that I can hardly hold back tears and always seem to say the completely inappropriate comment at the perfect time. More often than not, Aunt Sherri is dragged into the "Dirty Old Men's" shenanigans.

But, that's my family in a nutshell-
Completely inappropriate and perfect all at the same time.

I'm so looking forward to Thanksgiving when the rest of the family that couldn't make it will be joining in on the fun. We'll miss you Austin but I understand- I mean we are talking UF/FSU! As for you Koehler's- how about Christmas?!

"The informality of family life is a blessed condition that allows us to become our best while looking our worst."
~Marge Kennedy

1 comment:

  1. So Miss Meagan .... that was definitely the last time I show up at your house in cognito! And as for the reason Austin can't join us for Thanksgiving ..... you're mistaken. It's the FSU/UF game! GOOOOOOO NOLESSSSS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete