Thursday, October 28, 2010

Tissues Anyone?

As I was cooking dinner a couple of weeks ago, Rich grabbed the lap top because he really wanted me to hear this song. Needless to say, tears were involved and now every time I hear it, the lump in my throat appears. I cannot wait to see what Cooper is going to be like but as the song says, if he's anything like his Daddy, we'll be A-okay!

Brad Paisley's- "Anything Like Me"
I remember saying I don't care either way,
Just as long as he or she is healthy I'm ok.
Then the doctor pointed to the corner of the screen,
And said "You see that thing right there well you know what that means."
And I started wondering who he was going to be,
And I thought heaven help us if he's anything like me.

He'll probably climb a tree too tall and ride his bike to fast,
End up every summer wearing something in a cast.
He's gonna throw a ball and break some glass in a window down the street.
He's gonna get in trouble, oh he's gonna get in fights.
I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep.
It's safe to say that, I'm gonna get my payback, if he's anything like me.

I can see him right now knees all skinned up,
With a magnifying glass trying to melt a Tonka truck.
Won't he be a sight with his football helmet on,
That'll be his first love 'til his first love comes along.
He'll get his heart broke by the time he's in his teens,
And heaven help him if he's anything like me.

He'll probably stay out too late and drive his car too fast,
Get a speeding ticket he'll pay for mowing grass.
He's gonna get caught skipping class and be grounded for a week.
He's gonna get in trouble we're gonna get in fights.
I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep.
It's safe to say that, I'm gonna get my payback, if he's anything like me.

He's gonna love me and hate me along the way,
Years are gonna fly by I already dread the day.
He's gonna hug his momma, he's gonna shake my hand,
He's gonna act like he cant wait to leave.
But as he drives out, he'll cry his eyes out, if he's anything like me.
There's worse folks to be like, aw he'll be alright, if he's anything like me.

*An actual video for the this song hasn't been released yet but I was able to find this on YouTube- give it a listen!*


On a side note, we had our monthly doctor's appointment this morning and it was the first time that we met with the midwife involved with our doctor's practice. Her name is Judy and she is a God send. She was so personal and explained everything that she was doing along the way. She listened to us, answered questions, shared stories about her own children, and didn't seem to be in even a bit of a hurry. She even read my chart before coming in the room and knew how the pregnancy had been going so far, something that I have not experienced up to this point. Best part of all is that she said that whether she is on call or not, she will give us her personal number and we can call her when I am in labor. She said that she would come to the hospital if she ins't already there to deliver Cooper. I left the appointment more excited than ever about the delivery. I feel so comfortable knowing that she will be there to coach me through.

Cooper is measuring 27 weeks (eeek! I am only 24 weeks 4 days) and his heart beat came in at 145. All looks great and Judy said not to worry too much about the size, that it's nothing that I am doing, simply genetics. She also said that he will probably be "long and lean." That's certainly what I'm praying for.

While we were up at Celebration, we also went ahead and pre-registered at the hospital. I know that we're jumping the gun on that but now it's one more thing checked off the to-do list, meaning one more thing that we don't have to worry about!

Now, is it February yet?

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I was measuring 29 weeks at 23 weeks with the girls...are we sure Cooper doesn't have a little buddy hiding in there somewhere?!? Lol! So glad to hear you are excited about the midwife and that everything is still going so smoothly with your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete