Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Way Back When-esday- Trick or Treat...

With Halloween just around the corner, I thought that it would be fun to dedicate this "Way Back When-esday," to when Rich and I were kids back in the day. When we couldn't wait for Halloween to come so that we could dress up in our costumes. When the anticipation of Trick-or-Treating was more than we could handle. When we would come home at the end of the night and dump all of our candy on the floor, sorting out our favorites and trading those we didn't love so much with our brothers and sisters.

Oh to be a kid again!

Below is a picture of the group of kids from my neighborhood. I'm sitting in the front with my sheep in hand, as I was dressed as Little Bo Peep. My cousin Lindsey is sitting to my right in her carrier and made quite the adorable Little Pumpkin! Big sister Alisa is in the back row with her full out Clown outfit on. Dad always painted our faces for Halloween, making her nearly unrecognizable.


Here's an up close shot of my outfit. Not sure what the sticker on my forehead was all about but knowing my suborn attitude as a child, I am sure that I insisted on it!


My second Halloween (pictured above) seemed to go much better than my first. I guess that I was not feeling the Clown costume at all. However, Alisa was all toothless smiles, giving me a big hug!


Moving onto Rich. He's pictured below as none other than Michaelangelo (the party dude) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. I love that he has a pizza box in his hand. So appropriate if you know Rich at all. To his left is his big brother Scott, dressed up as a Zombie and to his right, his little sister Ashley, dressed up as a Bride. His Mom actually made all of their costumes!


Wishing you a Happy Halloween!

Play along with Cheryl at Twinfatuation... it's so much fun to reminisce.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Meagan - love your blog - and the pictures bring back so many memories! In the group picture, I think Lindsey is the one in the carrier on the right - and Lindsey Lupfer (sp?) is the one in the carrier on the left. This would have been Halloween in 1986 - Lindsey was about 4 months old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I thought that was Kenny! How funny! Yes, that is Lindsey Lupfer. She was Little Red Riding Hood. How fun!

    ReplyDelete