Monday, November 15, 2010

27 Weeks...

I honestly cannot believe that we have already reached the 27 week mark. If we make it until his due date of February 14th, we are only 90 days away! How crazy is that? In 3 months, he will be here. I will be able to hold him in my arms and rock him to sleep. I will be able to hear his cries and his little "coos." I can hardly contain myself. I want him here so badly but I'm trying my best to be patient.

Onto the update from BabyCenter.com:
"This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle."

It's so strange that this update talks about hiccups because for the first time this morning, I knew that a case of the baby hiccups was what I was feeling. It was adorable.

In other news, I am dreaming of pancakes.

Yes, go ahead and laugh out loud because I am literally dreaming of pancakes. For our anniversary, Rich and I had breakfast at Keke's Breakfast Cafe where he ordered Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes. Ever since then, I think about them when I am awake and now dream about them when I am asleep. It was so bad this past Friday night that when we woke up on Saturday morning, I insisted that we go to IHOP for breakfast so that I could get some. No, IHOP does not even have these on their menu but I begged the waitress and they made them for me. They were even better than in my dream.

Hope that you all have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Megan, it's going to be amazing! I just see what Mandie gets to experince each and every day and the coos are soooo cute! Can't wait to meet your little boy!

    ReplyDelete