Monday, November 22, 2010

28 Weeks...

This weekend was just what we needed. Nothing scheduled. No alarm clocks. No to-do lists. Just simple uninterrupted rest and relaxation and a chance to do whatever the heck we felt like doing.

Saturday was a lot of fun. We had lunch downtown at Broadway Pizza Bar and watched some of the Gator game. Then we went out to Celebration and caught the matinée showing of the new cartoon movie Megamind in 3-D. It was such a cute movie, I recommend it for both children and adults alike. After the movie, we strolled around Celebration sipping on some Starbucks, taking in the beautiful afternoon and Christmas decorations.

Here we are in our silly 3D glasses.
We look pretty awesome if I do say so myself...


That evening we had Rich's parents and our nephew Noah over for dinner and to help assemble the nursery furniture. That's right! We've got nursery furniture! Check back later this week for a sneak peek!

Onto the update from BabyCenter.com
"By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world."


After all this talk about rest and relaxation my next statement is going to seem silly but I feel completely overwhelmed. I feel like there is so much to do, so much to finish, so much to buy before Cooper arrives. From what I have read, this is a completely normal and expected emotion but all the same, I feel pretty silly about how stressed out I am.

Luckily for me, this week is Thanksgiving. A time to saturate myself with family. A time to reflect on all of the good in life. A time to give thanks for all my many blessings. A time to yank everything back into perspective.

Just what I need.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely normal!!! Looking at all the baby stuff available makes you feel like you NEED it all! At the end of the day, all you REALLY need is a bed for him to sleep in, diapers, and clothes on his back! All the other stuff is extra! So you are already well prepared... everything else just helps make life a little easier :-) ... and you'll get LOTS of that at the baby shower! Relax, Momma!

    ReplyDelete