Monday, November 29, 2010

29 Weeks...

I took a blog break these past 4 days to soak up the time off that I had with my wonderful family. Thanksgiving was truly a success. It goes without saying that too much food was eaten but there was just the right amount of gratitude and love that made the holiday simply perfect. I hope that you and yours had an amazing holiday as well!

Onto the update from BabyCenter.com-
"Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day."


He is more active now than ever before. His movements are sometimes so big that they literally make me nauseas. Last night I had to tell Cooper to simmer down in there! Of course, he didn't listen, he just kept right on dancing the jig. You can see it all through my shirt which is just so crazy!

In other news, we had our monthly doctor's appointment last Wednesday. Thank God, all is still well. He was measuring at 29 weeks so he's still a big boy. His heart rate was 145 and pumping nice and strong. I also had my glucose test and luckily I passed it this time on the first try. That means no suffering through the three hour test. Woo hoo! We've now reached the point where our appointments are every two weeks. I really can't believe that we're already to this point. I feel like I just found out that I was pregnant.

In the blink of an eye, Cooper will be in my arms. I am overjoyed!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you are at the every two weeks appointments either! Where did the time go?! Baby Cooper will be here before we know it, and have a few other friends following his arrival as well! We are all so blessed! So glad to hear you passed the glucose test the first time this time around as well! Good job taking care of yourself Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Sooo much excitement going around. We are truly the luckiest girls in the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butternut Squash > Chinese Cabbage!

    ReplyDelete