Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Buddy the Elf, What's Your Favorite Color?

I got lucky when I married Rich. On top of all of his wonderful qualities, I married into a really fun family with in-laws that love to laugh and joke around. His family has many inside jokes and quirks that I have grown to love so very much. They also have some really cool traditions, one of them being the Elf Party.

"Elf Party?", you ask. Let me explain.

The very first Elf Party took place in November 2004. We were preparing for a trip to New York City and as a way to get us Florida folks some much needed winter clothes, the Elf Party was born. Ever since then, each year on the Friday night after Thanksgiving, we get together to kick off Christmas on the right foot.

We eat a yummy dinner, make our Christmas wish-list for Santa, eat way too much sugar (in honor of Buddy of course), watch the movie Elf, and receive our first official Christmas gift. This gift mysteriously appears and the tag reads that it is from none other than Buddy the Elf.

This tradition is by far my favorite so when I checked the mail last week and Rich and I had received this invitation from the North Pole, a smile spread across my face.


Click on the picture below to enlarge it and read the poem...


If you haven't seen this movie you are missing out! Seriously. Stop reading right now, go rent it, and settle in for a good laugh.

This year marks the 7th annual Elf Party. Next year, we'll have one more little person to add to the bunch. I simply cannot wait to introduce Cooper to this family tradition. I am sure that he will grow to love it just as much as we do.

Now, get your singing pipes ready. After all, "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is by singing loud for all to hear!"

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I totally love this and may have to steal this tradition once the kids are a little bit bigger! So adorably cute...but coming from your family it doesn't surprise me not one little bit! Both sides of your family are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet tradition!!! I too may have to steal it! I've watched ELF 2 times since Sunday. haha. I can't get enough of that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! Great ideas like this one keep life fresh and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to have an elf party..wah.

    ReplyDelete