Every year for Halloween we go over to my parent's house for dinner and to help pass out candy to the trick-or-treaters. Because of where we live, we don't get a single kiddo and I can't pass up the chance to see their cute costumes! Next year, we'll even have one of those adorable little trick-or-treaters ourself! Yay!
This year, I brought along these yummy treats for us to snack on after dinner. You'll have to give these a try!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies... Phew, what a mouthful!
What you'll need:
3/4 cup (a stick and a half) room temperature butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. In a mixer, cream together the room temperature butter and peanut butter.
2. Add the sugar and brown sugar and mix until just combined.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined.
4. Add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder (I sift these three ingredients together first) into the wet mixture in small batches and mix until just combined.
5. Add the quick cooking oats and mix until just combined.
6. Add the mini chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
7. Transfer the dough to a greased cookie sheet. I use a small ice cream scoop so that I end up with uniform cookies. Press slightly on the top of each mound of dough to flatten slightly. This will allow the cookies to bake evenly.
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. I've found that with my oven, 11 minutes is the perfect amount of time. Remove from the cookie sheet and allow to cool slightly on a wire cooling rack. While they are delicious warm, they taste just as great completely cooled and stay good for several days in an air tight container.
9. Last but certainly not least, enjoy with a tall glass of ice cold milk! What's a cookie anyways without an icy glass of milk?
We've got a busy weekend ahead with the nuptials of our dear friends Keith and Kelly. Be sure to check back next week to catch a glimpse of the beautiful bride with her new husband!
I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend. We'll be spending as much of it as possible, including the wedding reception, outdoors. We're supposed to have beautiful sunshine with quite a chilly crisp in the air... only in Florida!