We had yesterday off of work in observance of Veterans Day. We spent the day getting some much needed housework done. Rich worked a lot in Cooper's nursery and I tackled the pile of laundry that crept up on me. With all the work done, I was able to spend the afternoon baking these delicious treats. They aren't too sweet, allowing you to go back for a second!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
What you'll need...
For the cupcakes:
1 cup (2 sticks) room temperature butter
1 cup superfine sugar
2 cups self-rising flour
4 room temperature eggs
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup raisins
For the icing:
1 cup (8 oz) room temperature cream cheese
1 1/2 cups powder sugar
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Cream together the room temperature butter and sugar.
2. Add the eggs and mix until combined.
3. Add the flour in small batches and mix until just combined.
4. Add the vanilla and allspice and mix until just combined.
5. Add the raisins, carrots, and walnuts and mix until just incorporated.
6. Spoon the batter into a paper lined muffin tin. These will rise so only fill the tin 3/4 of the way full.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes until golden brown on top. A toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcake should come out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
8. For the icing, with an electric mixer, beat the sifted powder sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, and orange juice until smooth.
9. Apply the icing to the cooled cupcakes. If you are serving this for a party and want to fancy it up a bit, sprinkle chopped walnuts over the icing for a pretty garnish.
10. Enjoy one... or two!
For us, this weekend finally wraps up wedding season. One of my very best friends, Ms. Randi Honeycutt, is getting married tomorrow! I can't wait to celebrate the love that she and her fiancée Alex share. Randi comes from an extraordinarily loving family with a tight-knit group of sisters, a Mom that could pass as one, and a brother and Dad that round out the bunch. I am sure tomorrow is going to be quite memorable. Plus, their adorable daughter, Elle Marie, will be wearing the cutest little dress! I can't wait!
Hope that you all have a wonderful weekend! I know that it's going to be a great one!