Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Keith & Kelly- They're Hitched...

As I mentioned before, our weekend was filled with lots of love and laughter as we celebrated the union of Keith and Kelly. The whole event went perfectly, setting the pace for what I hope is as close to a perfect marriage as possible for these two. After 8 years of dating, they finally took the plunge and we couldn't be happier for them!

The day was filled with more Southern Charm than I thought possible. Small details like the citrus inspired centerpieces to the signature cocktail, sweet tea vodka and lemonade, all the little details were thought of. The food was to die for, the down-home pot roast and mashed potatoes being my personal favorite. The DJ did a wonderful job keeping the dance floor packed until the very last song! Seriously, it was the most fun I have had at a wedding in a long time!

Here's a glimpse of Keith and Kelly's big day...

The rehearsal- notice Gabe in the lower right hand corner. Yes, that is what he showed up to the church in with a, "What?! Am I under dressed?!" look on his face. It was the perfect amount of comic relief to get the rehearsal started on a positive note. My hat goes off to the best man!

Kelly and her bridesmaids getting ready at the hotel. The flip flops pictured below were part of the gift we got from the bride. They sure came in handy later on in the night as we boogied down!

Here we're in the parlor just before the ceremony began. Be sure to check out the bride's blingin' shoes! Also, 3 out of 5 of the Kahoun 5 participated in the ceremony, as Tucker, Lilah, and Lexie acted as the ring bearer and flower girls. Tucker pulled his little sisters in a wagon, crashing into the pews along the way. It was truly priceless! Heather and Mike sure do make some pretty babies!

After the "I do's" (I don't have any pictures of the actual ceremony since I was in the wedding), the reception was underway. Instead of the traditional wedding cake, Keith and Kelly opted for a cupcake tower. I am kicking myself right now for only grabbing one cupcake because it was literally the best cupcake I have ever sank my teeth into. Also pictured is Ashleigh, the Maid of Honor, giving a great speech. She was quite nervous before hand but I think the signature cocktail (or two) helped calm her nerves. She did a great job!

After dinner and toasts, the real fun began. Notice at this point, my flip flops were out and the Uggs were in! Not very stylish with a bridesmaid's dress but completely necessary. After all, it was in the low 40's! In Florida you ask?! Yes! It was freezing but the heaters and dancing certainly helped.

There was lots more dancing and yes, that is Ashleigh grabbing the microphone to do a little rapping for us before the night wrapped up. We cheered for the lovebirds as they made their grand exit!

The newlyweds are now off on their honeymoon to Washington, D.C., such an appropriate destination if you know this politically charged couple at all! I can't wait for them to get back so that I can hear all about it!

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Trace! Wishing you a lifetime of love, laughter, and Gator victories!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that recap and all of the amazing pictures, Meagan! Now I feel like I was there. Glad you are feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete