Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Time to Spread Christmas Cheer...

As I mentioned in this post last week, here at the Halquist house we kicked off Christmas this past Friday night as we celebrated The Elf Party.

My camera was acting up so I wasn't able to get pictures of the party but we had a fabulous time! We ate lasagna, garlic bread, and salad for dinner and followed up dinner with writing a letter to Santa Claus. I told him what a good girl I have been this year and what I would really like for Christmas. On the top of my list was Cooper's nursery decor.

We then proceeded upstairs through the seven layers of the candy cane forest (literally, my mother-in-law decorated the stairwell to look just like the candy cane forest) and watched the greatest Christmas movie of all time, Elf. We ate Andes Mint Trifle for dessert which was to die for and laughed our way through all of Buddy's jokes.

Last but not least, Buddy delivered our very first Christmas present of the season. Well, Buddy must be quick on his feet because I received the quilt and bumper for Cooper's crib! I love it so much and went right home and put it in his room. Even without a mattress, sheets and such, it is just adorable. It got me really excited to whip the room into shape. You will also notice Gizmo, he really likes Cooper's room and I have a feeling he will be laying at my feet many nights as I rock the baby to sleep.

Since Cooper was also technically in attendence, he received his first ever Elf Party gift, his mobile! Isn't it cute? It plays the Elephant March and I already have the tune stuck in my head. Apparently so does his Dad because he was walking around the house last night whistling the tune. I think that we're just getting more and more excited!

While the food, treats, letters to Santa, and the gifts were great, most importantly we had a wonderful night with our family. While I am grateful for the life I am fortunate enough to live year round, this time of year always reminds me how blessed we really are.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww, so sweet!!! LOVE the bedding!!!!

    Isn't it funny how when you become a parent you don't really want things for YOU- wether it's clothes/bedding/xmas- you just get WAY more excited about the gifts you want for THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! All I want is stuff for him. It's crazy how excited I was over this mobile. Man, this is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete