Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Way Back When-esday- The Grinch Date...

For this week's addition of "Way Back When-esday," we are indeed going way back! Ten years ago this weekend, Rich and I went on our very first date! I was good friends with his sister Ashley which is how we actually met. She and her boyfriend joined us, making it a double date. This took the pressure off of us just a bit!


Rich was right on time to pick me up at my house. He drove a bright red Mustang Cobra and I thought that he was too cool! We proceeded onto the movies at Pleasure Island, the hippest place to see a movie when we were in high-school.

We're very big fans of Christmas and Jim Carey's adaptation of, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," had just been released so it was a no brainer when it came to what we were going to see. After the movie got over, Ashley and I joked about how we were totally going to wear our hair like Cindy Lou Hoo to prom. That never happened.

We headed onto Chili's to grab some dinner. Rich's car was a stick shift and I distinctly remember thinking that it was so cute that he shifted gears with his left hand so that he didn't have to let go of holding my hand. I was smitten.

Ashley's boyfriend got off work and joined us for dinner. We laughed and ate and enjoyed the rest of our date.

After dinner, Ashley rode with her boyfriend which left Rich and I alone for the ride home. Again, he shifted gears with his left hand and I giggled. He dropped me off at home right at curfew and walked me to my front door. I asked Rich what he remembered about this part of the night and his response was, "I dropped you off and there wasn't even a school boy kiss." He's right! No kiss on the first date but all the same, I had butterflies.

It was high school and you know how that goes. A lot happened between then and now but we somehow found our way back to each other. Now, each year around Christmas time we watch "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and think way back. Oh, young love.

Play along with Cheryl at Twinfatuation... it's so much fun to reminisce!

1 comment:

  1. I love the tale of romance and how adorably you recounted it! Young love is marvelous...especially as it ages!

    Wishing you all LOTS of Grinch viewings for many many years!

    Thank you for playing along with Way Back When-esday!

    ReplyDelete