Tuesday, December 7, 2010

30 Weeks...

This past weekend was a wonderful one indeed! We spent the majority of it surrounded by family and friends celebrating the Christmas season. We managed to get our Christmas tree on Friday night, I hosted a Girl's Night Cookie Swap on Saturday, and we went to my Mom's on Sunday to help her decorate for Christmas. It was jam packed but I wouldn't change it a bit.

Onto to the update from BabyCenter.com-
"Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. Normal adult vision is 20/20."

I'm a bit delayed in posting this update because I took off of work yesterday. I think that I just overdid it this weekend. I've reached the uncomfortable point in this pregnancy. These past few days I have been in a great amount of pain, a kind of pain that I have never experienced in my life. I toss and turn all night and often times have to get out of bed and stand for a while because of the pain in my lower abdomen and back.

I know that it's all worth it in the end so I am sucking it up and moving on. However, I will be moving on a little more cautiously, resting as much as possible. My body needs it.

2 comments:

  1. :-( I used to get on my hands and knee's and arc my back toward the ceiling and then toward the floor. It helped alieviate some of the pressure on my back for a bit.

    Hang in there, Meag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Randi. I will give that a shot. Anything at this point :)

    ReplyDelete