Monday, December 27, 2010

33 Weeks...

This past weekend was Christmas so I would be insane to say that it was anything but fantastic! I'll devote a day, possibly even two, this week to sharing our family Christmas. It goes without saying that we had a wonderful time celebrating the birth of Baby Jesus!

Onto the update from BabyCenter.com-
"This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood."

Other than the symptoms reported before (inability to sleep, terrible indigestion, and major lower abdominal pains) all is well. The way I see it, Cooper is just preparing me for when he is here and I get little to no sleep at all.

I am most definitely moving quite slower these days and I have started waddling rather than walking. Yeah, that is not so cute! I also would live in my pajamas if it were socially acceptable, as they are the only clothing that I own right now that doesn't feel constrictive in anyway. Needless to say that when I get home, the first thing that I do is jump into some PJ's! I also would live in slippers if people would not look at me strangely. Don't judge, you haven't seen how swollen my tootsies are!

In other exciting news, the invitations for our baby shower went out last week and my sister was gracious enough to share one with me! She wasn't going to let me see one until after the shower and it was killing me! I am so excited to gather with friends and family to celebrate this beautiful little blessing. Bring on January 16th!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Meagan, what joy awaits you! Bet you are counting the days...not only to that special day on the 16th, but they VERY special day when you get to meet Cooper!

    Thank you for being a wondrous blog pal, and for playing along with Twinfatuation blog games!

    All the very, very best to you in 2011...know it will be a VERY special year for you!

    ReplyDelete