Thursday, December 9, 2010

First Annual Girl's Night Cookie Swap...

As I've mentioned before, I have an incredible group of girlfriends. When we're together time flies by. Hours seem like minutes and before we know it, it's often well past midnight. Between the story telling, laughter, wine, questions, and gasps in amazement, the volume in the room rises and rises. We always have a good time and there is never a dull moment.

This year we started a new Christmas tradition that I hope to carry on for many years to come. We celebrated our First Annual Girl's Night Cookie Swap. Directions for the swap were to bring cookies and the recipe for every guest to take home with them. This way, we can all try out each other's favorite cookie recipe as the Christmas season unfolds. It was a hit! There were so many different cookies and unique recipes that I am looking forward to trying.

Here's a glimpse of our evening...

For dinner we grubbed on ceasar salad, garlic bread, and baked ziti. For dessert Heather made a delicious apple tart and Kelly brought along some of the extra fudge she made for the swap. The other ladies brought some delicious appetizers but I forgot to snap a picture of those before we ate them up!

Here's a few snapshots of those in attendance. Unfortunately, this was the last girl's night for Julia because she and her family are moving up to Tennessee at the end of the month. We are going to miss her very much but hey, now we have an excuse for a road trip. Can you even imagine all us girls piled in a car making that trip? I should start planning now! But in all seriousness, we are going to miss you Julie and hope that you, Steve, Cameron, and Baby GJR (holding the name in until she makes the announcement) enjoy making your new house a home!

Now onto the cookie swap! We had a great time taking turns describing what we made and exchanging containers. This year I made gingersnaps and put them in these adorable little Christmas Chinese take-out containers that I found at Michaels. The top left hand picture is one of my loot at the end of the night. You'll also notice that Gizmo was just spent with all the estrogen in the room and made himself comfortable on the ottoman across the room.

I know that I sound redundant but I really am one of the luckiest women in the world. I feel so blessed to be able to call each and every one of these ladies my friend.

Great, now I am craving cookies!

2 comments:

  1. We are equally blessed Meagan! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Meagan, looks like SUCH a fun bunch of gals and a DELICIOUS spread!

    Thank you so much for playing along with Way Back When-esday!

    ReplyDelete