Friday, December 3, 2010

Flavorsome Friday- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies...

After several requests from my girlfriends, especially my pregnant friend Julia, for this Flavorsome Friday I whipped up a batch of my Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. I make these for just about every holiday get together at my house because they are always a crowd pleaser. I am sure that once you bake these, they will become a part of your holiday tradtion as well!

What You'll Need:
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
4 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Powdered sugar for rolling

1. Finely chop 4 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate and melt in the microwave. Be sure to heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted. Burning or overheating the chocolate at this point with make your cookies bitter so be sure to be very attentive to your chocolate.

2. Sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

3. In an electric mixer on medium speed, combine the granulated sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla, and melted chocolate.

4. Add the eggs to the chocolate mixture one at a time and mix until fully combined.

5. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in small batches until just combined. Be sure to scrape down the side of the mixer so that all of the ingredients are incorporated.

6. Transfer the dough into a bowl, cover with saran wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. It is very important to let the dough firm up a bit or the next step is quite difficult and messy.

7. Form the dough into rounded teaspoonfuls. I use a small ice cream scoop and roll the dough balls in between my hands for uniform cookies. Then, roll the dough balls in powdered sugar.

8. Place on a greased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart, and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. With my oven, 11 minutes is the perfect cooking time. These cookies are almost brownie like so the center of the cookie may appear slightly doughy even after cooking. Let the cookies cool for a moment on the cookie sheet and then transfer them to a wire cooling rack.

9. Enjoy these delectable little morsels with a glass of ice cold milk. I hear these are a favorite of Santa's so be sure to give them a try!

I am so looking forward to this weekend! We're going to get our Christmas tree tonight and will be spending this evening decorating it with Christmas tunes playing. This is one of my favorite parts about Christmas so I am siked. Then, tomorrow night I am hosting a Girl's Night with some of my favorite ladies around. Be sure to check back next week for details on that!

Hope that you and yours have a wonderful weekend! Be sure to smile, tis the season to be jolly!

No comments:

Post a Comment