Friday, December 17, 2010

Flavorsome Fridays- Banana Chip Scones...

As I've mentioned before, I've had a hankering lately for chocolate chip banana pancakes. So, when I came across this recipe in one of my cookbooks, I knew that I absolutely had to make it. You should definitely give these Banana Chip Scones a shot. They are quite yummy!

What You'll Need:
2 1/2 cups Original Bisquick Mix
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 medium bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
1 tablespoon milk
Coarse grain sugar

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the Bisquick, chocolate chips, and sugar. On a side note, if you're not a fan of chocolate (gasp!) you could always substitute the chocolate chips for toffee bits. I have never tried that but I am sure if would taste great.

2. In a medium mixing bowl, mash 2 medium bananas. You will need about a cup mashed so the number of bananas needed may vary depending on the size.

3. Add the heavy whipping cream, egg, and vanilla to the mashed bananas. Stir together the wet ingredients.

4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix by hand until just combined. The dough will be a little dry and quite sticky.

5. Place the dough in round mounds on a greased baking sheet. They will spread some while baking so don't put more than 6 scones on a pan. This recipe produces about a dozen scones. Brush the tops of the dough with milk and sprinkle with coarse grain sugar. Bake at 425 degrees for 11-13 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.

6. Remove the scones from the hot baking sheet and allow to cool slightly on a cooling rack. These are delicious hot out of the oven so my suggestion is to bake and eat these fresh! On the other hand, we did store them in an air-tight container overnight and ate them the next morning for breakfast. We popped them in the microwave for 30 seconds and they were just a good. Enjoy!

I'm quite thankful that it's Friday! Rich's brother and his family got into town for the holidays late Wednesday night so we are looking forward to spending some time with them. The kids are just too much fun! I am also getting together with some girlfriends tonight for an ornament exchange, grub, and gab fest. I am sure that it will be a good time.

The rest of the weekend, I am relaxing! We won't even mention the fact that we haven't started Christmas shopping yet and that my house needs cleaning, bad. Yikes!

3 comments:

  1. I'll be right over- those look awesome! Have a blessed weekend, and if I don't "talk" to you before, a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carl! Wishing you and the family a Merry Christmas also :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. Those look amazing. I want to do some baking now. :O

    ReplyDelete