Monday, January 24, 2011

37 Weeks...

It's Monday yet again and we wrapped up another fabulous weekend. Most of our time was spent working on the nursery and I loved every second of it. It's so neat to watch a project that Rich and I both have poured our heart into start to come together. It is everything that I had imagined in my mind and I simply love it! I catch myself wandering into the room and sitting in the rocker for no particular reason. Gizmo has already called his spot right next to me and jumps up into my lap and cuddles back into position every time. Needless to say, I am pretty grateful.

Onto the update from BabyCenter.com-
"Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz."

We have our weekly doctor's appointment on Wednesday to see how things are progressing. I have a feeling that there might be more of an update than last week, as I am starting to feel different. Different in the sense that I am dreadfully uncomfortable, peeing every 20 minutes (day and night), and cleaning the strangest things (blinds, baseboards, fans, you name it). We have an ultrasound with our appointment. The doctors want to measure Cooper and possibly talk about inducing me if I don't go into labor. They're concerned about his size being too big and my ability to give birth to him. We shall see!

I hope that you all have a splendid week!

1 comment:

  1. You are getting so close and we are so excited for you! Come on Cooper!!!

    ReplyDelete