Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's Official- Cooper has Godparents...

We had dinner with our dear friends Keith and Kelly Trace a few weeks ago to discuss a very important matter. You may remember them from here. They are newlyweds and Rich and I were fortunate enough to play a role in their wedding day. I like to think that we also play a role in their married life, supporting and listening to their newlywed adventures.

Both Rich and I have known Kelly since we were very young and we have grown closer as the years have gone by. In the past couple of years, we've also had the privilege of becoming good friends with her now hubby Keith. We've shared many laughs, inside jokes (who doesn't love Miley Cyrus, I mean really!), political debates, and our fair share of vino. They are truly an incredible couple.

We share a lot of the same beliefs and values and it is for this reason that we asked them to be Cooper's Godparents. We were so excited when they agreed and there is no doubt in my mind that they will be an amazing Christian influence in his life. They will help guide him through the highs and the lows, the easy and sometimes not so easy times. It's comforting to know that he will have a second set of adults that he can turn to if he's ever in need of guidance or just a listening ear.

I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you Keith and Kelly! We are so excited that you will be embarking on this great adventure with us.

Plus, with Rich and I as his parents and you and Keith as his Godparents, he's bound to be a devout Gator fan! Who knows... perhaps the next Tim Tebow?!

1 comment:

  1. We love you too! I cannot believe he is almost here! I was just talking last night about how I cannot wait until we can all bring him to his first Gator game...clearly a defining moment and anyone's life. :)

    ReplyDelete