Thursday, January 13, 2011

Transition...

There are some major life changes going on all around us here in the Halquist house as we prep for the arrival of baby Cooper. Life as we know it will soon be over and a new and exiting phase will begin. Albeit, all the changes are for the better but all the same, it is going to take some getting used to.

Today was the first day of transitioning into my new work schedule. In preparation for when Cooper joins us I have started working half days, coming into work at noon. When he finally arrives, I will start my new job as a stay at home Mom. I know that I am going to miss my office job a lot. We have so much fun and it's so rewarding to help people obtain their dream of becoming a homeowner. Luckily, because it's a family business, I will still get to hear all about it and I'll still be able to refer family and friends to the best mortgage shop in Central Florida since Donna and Rich will be holding down the fort. There's no one better at what they do than these two!

Being a stay at home Mom is something that I've always wanted out of life so I'm immensely grateful that Rich has stepped up to make that happen. As silly as it sounds, there is nothing that I want more than to be the best possible mother to my children. Some people refer to it as their calling. I feel that this is mine. I know that these are the days that we will never get back and I want to soak up every minute of it. I know the adventures that Cooper and I will take on during the days will be endless and I'm eager to see what is in store!

With that being said, it is crazy how much you can get done around the house in the mornings with just a few extra hours. I managed to play outside with Gizmo, have some breakfast, make and sip a cup of coffee, unload and reload the dishwasher, do a load of laundry, straighten the kitchen, shower, and get ready for work. While it sounds like all mundane tasks, I am so happy that it's all done. These are all things that I won't have to worry about when I get home this evening.

What I didn't mention is that the load of laundry that I did was Cooper's crib sheets. We bought the mattress earlier this week so I was able to make his bed and it is too cute! His nursery is really coming together and I get more excited about it everyday. When I arrived at the office, UPS had delivered these...

I absolutely cannot wait to put them on the walls! It's really going to help pull everything together. Who would have thought a delivery of wall decals would make me so happy?

Life is getting better everyday. I am not sure what I did to deserve so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment