Friday, July 29, 2011

Flavorsome Friday- Banana & Honey Muffins...

I’m on a mission to find my pre-baby weight, as I seemed to have misplaced it. While I am pushing full steam ahead (I only have ten pounds to go), I won’t let that get in the way of my love to bake. I allow myself a taste and then I give the treats away!

This week I made Banana & Honey Muffins. These are one of my favorites!

What you’ll need:
2 cups mashed bananas
¾ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup honey
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups of self-rising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
¾ cup chopped walnuts
*This recipe will make approximately 18 muffins

1. In a large bowl, combine the bananas, brown sugar, honey, and melted butter. Beat with an electric mixer until well blended.

2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.

3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in small batches until well blended.

4. Fold in the chopped walnuts. On a side note, I dry toast my walnuts on the stovetop first to bring out the flavor and give them a little more crunch.

5. Fill each paper lined muffin cup ¾ of the way, as these do rise when baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.

6. Remove the muffins from the tin after baking and allow them to cool slightly on a wire cooling rack. These are delicious hot out of the oven but taste just as good for a few days if you store them in an air tight container.

I’ve got to run! Cooper’s yelling at me to come and play and he doesn't like to be kept waiting. Hope that y’all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment