Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It’s beginning to look a lot like Cooper…

While it has not always been the case, I’m a self described neat freak. The kind of person who puts everything in its place before leaving the room, the coasters just so in their correct spot, the magazines fanned out beautifully. I take pride in knowing that if I had an unexpected visitor, the house would look perfectly presentable. You know, the kind of person who does the dishes and cleans the kitchen immediately after dinner. The thought of dishes sitting in the sink overnight gives me hives. Yeah, that’s me.

These days though, it’s beginning to look a lot like Cooper.

Baby stuff all over the place.

Bouncers, blankets, and play mats scatter the floor. Bright plastic shapes and tiny toy trucks here and there…

Chairs rearranged at the dinner table to accommodate his cute little high chair. Dinos and a rattle for dining entertainment…

Pictures and sweet notes posted on the fridge. Monitor on the counter watching over my sweet sleeping babe. Radio flyer wagon on the porch waiting to go for a spin after a bottle, al fresco style…

This, “mess,” it’s more than welcomed.
It’s actually loved.
Truly, madly, deeply loved.

3 comments:

  1. I love this! It made me smile. A well-lived in house is one filled with love and baby toys. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, Meagan! Isn't it funny how much your life can change in less than a year!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your "mess" and adore the note on your fridge from sweet Suzi. I know she loved your cookies.

    ReplyDelete