Thursday, September 15, 2011

A little update on our friend...

Having a baby gator removed from a pond on your property is harder than we first imagined. Yes, our little friend, he’s still here. We were told something along the lines of, “We have to contact a state and there will be a study done to ensure there is no shortage of gators in your area. After that, a trapper will be contacting you.”

Hello?! We live on a lake in Florida. Call me crazy but I don’t think that there is ANY shortage of gators in our back yard. Geez Louise! Anyways, it looks like he’s going to be around for a bit longer.

On the upside, while Cooper was napping the other day, I spent some time outside and after snapping the above picture of our little friend, I walked the yard and took in all of the little creatures we are so lucky to have around.

A dragonfly, my Mom’s favorite…

A bumble bee, doing its thing…

Gizmo, loving the time outside, just the two of us…

A very well camouflaged grasshopper…

Ahem, get a room why don’t you?!...

The Very Busy Spider, which also happens to be one of Cooper’s favorite books. It’s written by Eric Carle and Cooper adores all of the animal noises…

Lizards galore, though this one was cool because of the spike on his back…

What appears to be one tough spider. Clearly, he’s been in a fight or two since he’s missing some legs…

Nature taking its course, there was a lot of pollinating going on…

And lastly my little squirrel friend. He was just surprised by the corn in the middle of the day. This is something that I usually put out when we’re sitting on the back porch in the evenings.

All this picture taking was started because we have the most precious hummingbirds that gather at a tree in our backyard. They’re so tiny and simply beautiful. However, they’re also super fast. I’m determined that I will eventually capture a picture. Once I do, I promise I’ll share.

Go take a moment to take in the little things. You’ll be glad you did.

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pics! My parents used to call to get gators removed from our lake in the backyard. They would tell them that the gator tried to attack the dog. Ours were always 5-6 footers, but this little guy will get there one day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete