Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Way Back When-esday- Randal Honey...

This time of year, when the weather begins to ease back and the Florida evenings are simply beautiful, there’s the tiniest part of me that misses my convertible. Albeit, this is a very tiny part, there’s still nothing quite like riding down the road, top down, wind blowing through your hair, with music blaring over the speakers.

While I have many fond memories of my Pontiac G6, one that stands out to me took place with my very dear friend, Randi, and this edition of, “Way Back When-esday,” pays tribute to that night.

We were both still somewhat newly single and flexing our independence muscles. We went to Jelly Rolls, a local dueling pianos bar and spent the evening singing along at the top of our lungs with the ever so talented musicians.

A night at Jelly Rolls just wouldn’t be complete without joining the chorus line during Frank Sinatra’s, “New York, New York.” So, we did just that.

We ended the evening by driving home, top down, music blaring, and much, much more singing. We’re pretty talented, ya know?!

We’ve both done a lot of growing since then. Both married to wonderful husbands and each have one adorable child. While so much has changed, so much has stayed the same. She’s one of the greatest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and I consider it an honor to call her my friend.

It’s your turn to play along with Cheryl at Twinfatuation. It’s so much fun to reminisce.

1 comment: