Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What's Cookin' Wednesdays- Spinach & Artichoke Dip...

I'm a huge fan of both my mini crock-pot and Gator Football, not to mention a complete sucker for a good dip. So for last Saturday's game I threw together this Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Dip. It's super simple and super tasty!

What you'll need:
1 block of cream cheese (I opted for the 1/3 fat but I wouldn't recommend using the fat free. It just doesn't melt the same)
Pinch of salt, pepper, and ground nutmeg
2 cloves of grated garlic (I love garlic but if you're not a huge fan, I would recommend using only one or none at all if you prefer)
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1 package of thawed and squeezed dry chopped spinach
1 can of artichoke hearts, chopped into bite size pieces

Simply mix together all of the ingredients and then transfer into your mini crock-pot. Heat on low until melted and creamy, this will take about an hour.


Enjoy with tortilla chips! This dip is perfect for a game time snack because if you're anything like us here in the Halquist house, we graze. It'll stay warm and melty in the crock-pot throughout the entire game.


What do you have cookin' in your house?
Play along and link up with Heather over at, "Life As We Know It with Two Twinkies and a Tater Tot."
What’s Cookin’ Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh! DEFINITELY trying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO IT! I promise you won't be disappointed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delish!! And easy :) My kinda dish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all about easy these days! Hope that you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this dip! I never thought about keeping in warm in one of those mini crockpots, that is such a great idea! I'm going to add one of those to my Christmas list, I hate it when my dips get cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed, nothing worse than a cold dip! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete