Friday, November 18, 2011

Flavorsome Friday- Warm Apple Pie...

I don't have the time to get into too much detail today but wanted to share this lovely recipe I found at Smitten Kitchen. With Thanksgiving upon us, I am sure some of you will be making a pie from scratch and if you plan on it you should definitely give this recipe a shot. It was de-li-cious. Plain and simple.

I followed her recipe pretty dead on with a few small exceptions.

  1. I used my food processor to make the crust. I'm all about saving time these days. Trust me, you get the same exact results and it's so much easier.
  2. I bumped up the spices, pretty much doubling all of her recommendations. I am a spicy kind of gal.
  3. I opted for a non-lattice pie. I've found that apple pies always sink after baking, thus making the lattice part pretty ugly.

So with that being said, here are some of the pictures I took along the way but for all the details, head over to Smitten Kitchen!


Do you see my helper's hands? That's right, Rich and I made this pie together. He kept commentating as if we were on The Food Network... 




Happy Friday! Hope that y'all have a great weekend! 

6 comments:

  1. If you have a website, you can use Google Trends for your website
    traffic to increase as well. A person needs to have an active internet
    connection to be able to access all the headlines and information on internet.
    It's more than just doing the right things or being involved in a good opportunity.

    Also visit my blog ... Latest Daily News
    Also see my page: Latest Daily News

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, one of the reasons why this area of Ohio has remained so persistently branded as
    a pocket of joblessness is its failure to recover from the death of the steel industry
    and also because of automotive production lines
    outsourced to foreign lands. The mobile news service facility is
    very new and unique concept that has created a buzz among every citizen.

    Above all the Hindi news websites is a real boom for the world.



    Here is my web site Going On this site

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've listened to this a dozen or more times and still find it delightful and sooooo original in concept. I have more stuffings in me from yesterday than I care to think about. Thus they can choose from the many available sources.

    My weblog: cms.egsd.org:80

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is considered to the start of the Arab Spring and would go a long way
    in forcing the politicians to effectively govern the country.
    He tells the tale of a young boy, a tot, who was riding a toy car near the railroad crossing.

    On you left you will notice list of content providers and on
    the right is the advanced search option where you can search video clips by
    typing in the exact phrase (in quotes), or at least one of the
    keywords to narrow down your search.

    My web site: Latest Daily News

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey this can be a actual cool website

    Also visit my page - having trouble getting pregnant after a miscarriage

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really loving the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility issues? A small number of my blog audience have complained about my site not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any suggestions to help fix this issue?

    Also visit my page - suppressor

    ReplyDelete